HOME AND SCHOOL
At Froxfield we believe that children learn best when parents and the school work in partnership and we actively seek opportunities to involve you in school life. During the reception year, parents are invited into school every half term to share their child’s ‘Learning Journal’ with them.
• The school operates an open door policy for the purposes of good communication between parents and staff.
• Appointments to discuss matters with a member of the teaching staff or the Head Teacher will be arranged at the earliest available opportunity.
• Teachers at Froxfield maintain a high level of informal contact with parents, wherever possible and are usually available to talk to at the start and end of each day.
• The school holds consultation evenings termly. On these occasions an appointment system operates. In addition, teachers hold a year group meeting for parents in September to discuss the year ahead.
• Annual reports are sent home towards the end of the summer term.
• The Head Teacher, staff and governors of the school have developed a ‘HomeSchool Agreement’ statement, a copy of which all parents are invited to sign when their child joins the school.
• Froxfield employs a text messaging system; this is often used.
• Bi-weekly Newsletters are sent to parents on a Friday via e-mail.